Monday, November 17, 2014

My Fishing Trip

It was a sunny, Saturday morning. My dad and I decided to go down to the Wellington Harbour in hope we would catch some fish. This was my first time fishing and I had no experience whatsoever. That's when I mentally thanked Hiwi the Kiwi for paying a trip to my school last week. I got so caught up in my memory that I started singing ( Kai Moana.)

''Kai Moana food from the sea.
Kai Moana to feed the family.
Fish for the future and there will always be,
Kai Moana for you and me.''

''Hey. Where did you learn that?'' asked  dad as he started to slowly approach me. When I started to explain to dad about Hiwi the Kiwi, I told him some facts about fishing. '' Well, every time we go fishing and catch a fish, we need to measure it from the inside of its tail!'' , I said.

'' But if its under size, don't we need to put it back using a wet cloth?'', asked dad.

'' Yes you're right. It's so that their protective coating won't come off. It is also protecting  the fish from becoming sick and dying later on.'', I replied with much confidence.

'' At least we've got our life jackets on in case of an emergency.'', said Dad.

'' Yeah that's true.'', I said.

'' What's true ?'' Asked dad. We both started to laugh. Dad and I have always had the same type of random humour. '' Oh I forgot. We need to use the flares for fireworks tonight!'' Said Dad.

'' No!!! Dad, that's dangerous.'' I said.

'' Don't panic I was only joking.'' , Dad replied.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good opening sentince and great describing words

    spek up a little and makesure it make sence


    by shania:)

    ReplyDelete